Copyright © 2006 United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, Washington, D.C.
Used with permission. All rights reserved. Please visit our website at www.povertyusa.org.
Budgeting for Poverty
This URL is a 2-minute clip on the financial challenges faced by a family of four at the poverty level. Dramatic, absolutely factual and to-the-point. Please forward WIDELY!
How does Samaritan House serve our community and beyond?
- Samaritan House sends clothing to areas in distress through out the US.
- We work together with the Chautauqua County Faith Based Initiative that has been organized to reach out to the borders of Chautauqua County, working shoulder to shoulder with the state agencies, helping families at poverty levels.
- We partner locally with Community Helping Hands of Jamestown, and globally with St. Pauly Textile, Inc. of Rochester, sending clothing overseas.
- Erie 2 Chautauqua-Cattaraugus B.O.C.E.S. offers GED classes and MegaSkills Workshops. Call 800-526-3297 ext. 3013 for registration info.
- Cooperative Extension offers Life Skills classes. Call 716-664-9502 ext. 217 for registration info.